Know someone who suffers with challenges from anxiety, sensory processing disorder (SPD), ADD/ADHD, Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, restless leg syndrome, or any other condition that affects mood or sensory input. Occupational therapists and others (including our current customers) recommend weighted blankets to help alleviate many of these issues and increase mood, focus, and relaxation.
Does NOT include fabric OR instructions.
These are the same glass microbeads that we use in our weighted blankets. We use them because…-
– they are 3 times denser than poly pellets so our blankets are 1/3 the thickness of our competition
– they are small enough that they are virtually indestructible by the user
– they are smooth and round so they are more “fluid” within the blanket, making it easier to maneuver, fold, and pack
– they are non-porous and washable
– they are hypoallergenic and non-flammable
Below are our weight recommendations for using the glass beads in weighted blankets.
Single/Twin: 40×70″ (8-20 lbs recommended)
Throw/Child: 40×60″ (5-16 lbs recommended)
Small Throw/Toddler: 30×40″ (3-8 lbs recommended)
Lap Pads: 16×20″ (1lb (toddler) – 6 lbs (adult) recommended)
*Blanket integrity and washability may be negatively affected by using weights higher than recommended for each blanket size.
What blanket weight should I select?
– Weight suggestions are based on the person’s *ideal* body weight, which can be calculated here: http://www.calculator.net/ideal-weight-calculator.html (OT may suggest lighter or heavier depending on person’s needs)
– 40-50 lb person: 5-6 lb blanket
– 60-70 lb person: 7-8 lb blanket
– 80-90 lb person: 9-10 lb blanket
– 100-110 lb person: 11-12 lb blanket
– 120-130 lb person: 13-14 lb blanket
– 140-150 lb person: 15-16 lb blanket
– 160-170 lb person: 17-18 lb blanket
– 180-190 lb person: 19-20 lb blanket
(Max weight for International customers is 16lbs. (additional weight will need to be in a separate box))